Reading Club Guidelines
- For Pre-school to Grade 5.
- Summer Reading Program runs for 8 weeks (June 27 - August 20).
- Club members must visit the Library at least once during 4 different weeks to complete their weekly visit card.
- Participants are encouraged to have their own library cards.
- Participants will receive a prize for each weekly visit and a special final prize on their 4th visit!
- Club members also receive raffle tickets for every visit to the Library, as well as for participating in Weekly Calendar Activities. Prize drawings will be held once a week. Winners will be notified by phone.
- Participants must be present in the Library to receive credit for weekly visits and raffle tickets.
Weekly Calendar Activities
- Mondays: Picture Day. Bring an original drawing about a book to get a raffle ticket.
- Tuesdays: Crazy Hat Day. Wear a silly hat to the library to get a raffle ticket.
- Wednesdays: Stuffed Animal Day. Bring your favorite stuffed animal to get a raffle ticket.
- Thursdays: Recital Day. Recite a poem or sing a song to get a raffle ticket.
- Fridays: Blue Shirt Day. Wear a blue shirt to the library to get a raffle ticket.
- Saturdays: Fly Like a Bird. Flap your wings like a bird for a raffle ticket.
One World, Many Stories Summer Reading 2011 is funded by The Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum.
Additional portions of Summer Reading 2011 are sponsored by Burger King, Cyber Station, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, Massachusetts Library System and Taco Bell.