Reading Club Guidelines
- For Pre-school to Grade 5.
- Club members are encouraged to have their own library cards.
- Summer Reading Club runs for 8 weeks (June 25 - August 18).
- Club members must visit the Library at least once during 4 different weeks to complete their weekly visit card.
- After the first week of signing up, club members are asked to give a title of a book they have either read that week or are currently reading.
- Club members will receive a prize for each weekly visit and a special final prize on their 4th weekly visit!
- Club members also receive raffle tickets for every visit to the Library, as well as for participating in Weekly Calendar Activities. Prize drawings will be held once a week. Winners will be notified by phone.
- Club members must be present in the Library to receive credit for weekly visits and raffle tickets.
Weekly Calendar Activities
- Mondays: Picture Day. Bring an original drawing about a book for a raffle ticket.
- Tuesdays: Crazy Hat Day. Wear a silly hat to the library for a raffle ticket.
- Wednesdays: Stuffed Animal Day. Bring your favorite stuffed animal for a raffle ticket.
- Thursdays: Recital Day. Recite a poem or sing a song for a raffle ticket.
- Fridays: Blue Shirt Day. Wear a blue shirt to the library for a raffle ticket.
- Saturdays: Fly Like a Bird Day. Flap your wings like a bird for a raffle ticket.
- Anyday: Use the Word of the Day for a raffle ticket.
Summer Reading Club is sponsored by The Massachusetts Library System; Ben & Jerry's; Burger King; Cyberstation; and the wonderful generosity of the The Friends of the Berkshire Athenaeum.